There are two categories for rejections: Copyright Concerns and Bad Metadata.
Below you can find some common issues in both categories. Please note that our support team has no access to additional details and cannot help you with rejected releases. In some cases, we might remove single stores from the distribution of your release.
- Your release contains parts of someone else's releases (or an entire release).
- Your release is an unauthorized remix or cover. Remixes and covers are NOT fair use.
- You already uploaded your release with a different distributor and it's still live in stores.
- You uploaded a track that has been accepted before.
- You are using the name of a major artist without authorization.
- You are using the name of a major label without authorization.
- You are using someone else's trademark in the artist, track or label name.
- You are using a cover that is too small/blurry.
- You are using a cover that is less than 3000x3000px.
- You are using a cover that is not matching the other information.
- You are using a cover that contains a lot of unnecessary text.
- You are using a cover that has references to stores (i.e. Social Media Pages/ Social Media Logos).
- You are using a QR Code / Bar code on your cover.
- You are using a cover that contains personal information.
- You are trying to provide any information related to your contact.
- You are writing "prod by" under the Producer field.
- You put multiple artists in a single artist field (i.e. "Artist 1 ft. Artist 2" or "Artist 1 & Artist 2").
- Your release is a one-track single and Album and Track title don't match.
- Your release's title contains references to any store.
- Your album or track title contains the word featuring, feat, ft or a variation thereof. Please see this article for more information on how to add a featured artist to your release properly.
- Your album or track title contains references to the track version (i.e. REMIX, INSTRUMENTAL, EXTENDED, etc).
- Your album or track title contains references to any artist (i.e. The name of either the primary/featured artist is in the title).
- Your artists do not match across album and track levels.
- Your composer/lyricist name contains the same name twice or multiple people.
- Your metadata language doesn't match the title or remaining metadata.
- Your language of performance doesn't match the audio provided.
- The audio you provided is less than one minute long.
- The audio you provided is a reversed audio from another song.